Monday, July 26, 2010

More Poems from the Geodetic Engineering Students

Untitled Poem
By "The Singles"
(Sheina Pesidas, Theresse Peusca, Carl Ramos, John Ribu, Mark Mangawang, Mark Nuyad)

I can be a hero
You can be a hero
They can be a hero
We can all be a hero.

By doing good to our people
Makes us all a good hero
Helping serve the community
Makes all the people happy.

Being a hero, is not needed;
To die for what you're fighting for
To kill for what you believe is true
Is to love and protect the people.

____________________

Mother
By Jeffrey Campana (in behalf of "The Avengers")
(Kristine Cabrera, Jeffrey Campana, Elvinie Catayoc, Crez Davin, Paul Deiparine, Annicel Doble)

When I was in the womb
I felt not to worry
Of being a baby,
About me growing safely.

I feel the world's beauty
When I saw it clearly
As I smell my mother's odor
Who will comfort me, day by day.

My mother told me
To study
To learn and communicate
To socialize and criticize.

Life goes by
Young turns to elder
As what my mother had
I love her more than what I have.

_____________________

Hero
By The Explorers
(David Silao, Ferlin Suzon, Clint Zeta, Myla Tinoy, Janine Talavera, Julie Manila and Arnulfo Vargas)


Heroic indeed is their doings
Shall thou continue working
Despite despair and exhaustion
Love is always the intervention.

Love is their supreme weapon
In furious battle against the siren.
Against all the odds and rebellion
Against their pride and misfortune.

A sun that brightens a day.
Soaring eagle at the sky.
Moon that illuminates the night.
Like an owl watching over the night.

Carrying their crosses with them,
Drives them towards their own doom
Why are they suffering? Yet they are
the masters of their pillars.
Their crosses explain everything,
Scars give them not enough reasons.


___________________________

UNTITLED POEM
By Phil Lit
(Elverio Maban, Marshea Juarez, Nydia Gacasan, Ervin Figuracion, Dexter Escuadra, Charlemagne Lamela, Maryrose Marcelo)

Theya re the one who raise me up
And they are the one who told me to stop
Stop! Stop doing that can make me feel sad
And feel them bad.


They are the one who took good care of us
Coz they are the one who love me so much
Who are they? Who are they?
They are my lovely parents,
The one that we treat as a hero
A hero that can never make me feel bad.

We thank them for everything
A thanks that is everlasting
They are my parents, they are my heroes
And I will love them so much
As much as I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment