Friday, August 13, 2010

WHAT'S IN A DILEMMA?

What I feel is not what I want.

What I want is not what I feel.

What a dilemma I've got!

**

Why can't I feel what I want?

And why can't I want what I feel?

What difficult questions to deal with!

**

Some say I've got to let my feelings go.

Some say I've got to work for what I want.

What confusion there is in my mind!

**

To feel is for the heart.

To want is for the head.

What mind-boggling and heart-breaking situation I am in!

**

Feeling and wanting

What a gap there is in between

That seems unbridgeable.

**

But I have an ally: Time.

**

It tells me

What lies ahead

When the head takes the lead

And the feelings fade

**

I'll just let the days pass

With only one thing in mind

I must choose what's best

So there will be no regrets.

**

One day soon the heart will follow the head.

When what I want is what I feel and what I feel is what I want.

And what peace of mind and heart will there be!

*************************

Don't we all go through this at one point in our lives? Whether it concerns matters of the heart, career, relationships, choices in life... what's important is we don't quickly jump on what our feelings dictate... We have to stop, think, deliberate, evaluate the consequences of each possibility and pray for light. Ask advice... we're never old and wise enough not to need other people's inputs. Then you'll never go wrong or if you make a mistake, there'll be no huge regrets. And you'd be able to say, "I've done what's best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment